Break through the noise and build a fanbase that goes beyond your book with PR by the Book. This episode features #ThoughtLeader and #Expert Marika Flatt (https://www.linkedin.com/in/marikaflatt/), Co-Owner, PR by the Book and Travel Editor of Texas Lifestyle. She’s committed to helping authors cross the threshold from author to influencer.
Marika was hired as a “baby book publicist” in 1997 after graduating cum laude from Texas A&M University with a degree in Communications. She launched PR by the Book in 2002 with her husband Doug to capitalize on her innate love for media and books. Being a “connector” by nature, she is passionate about connecting with people on various platforms. She was the former president of Women Communicators of Austin, and she’s also an Expert for Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA).
If you’ve got a book, either coming up or you’re writing now, and you’re in the state of overwhelm, and you’re looking for more PR, you should reach out to Marika Flatt by visiting her website at https://prbythebook.com/.
Here are a couple of AHA messages from this episode:
- Authors with promotion overwhelm should reach out to Marika Flatt. https://www.authortoinfluencer.com/
- There’s a lot of authors who don’t know where to go in terms of their promotion. They should seek the help of an expert to get in the right direction! https://www.authortoinfluencer.com/
- We provide various types of publicity campaigns for authors and publishers. We go after traditional media outlets, online and digital media and broadcast media to raise their name recognition and hopefully, sell books in the end. https://prbythebook.com/
- We’ve been around for over 17 years providing publicity campaigns. We just recently launched the Author Influencer Accelerator Program which is a DIY educational platform for authors. https://prbythebook.com/
- I have been a book publicist for 23 years. I’ve basically gone from faxing to tweeting. I’ve seen over thousands of authors and build their name recognition, speaking careers, and businesses. https://www.authortoinfluencer.com/
To learn more about Thought Leadership and how it can help you be successful, visit: https://www.thoughtleaderlife.com/.